Thoughts, sermons, articles and websites I have read throughout the week.
A Biblical Prosperity Gospel (just for kids) When God addresses children directly in Ephesians 6:1-3 , He gives them an amazing incentive for obedience. Here’s the deal: If you honor and obey your parents, you’ll enjoy a long, fruitful life. Listen to this 10-minute clip By John MacArthur
Keeping on the subject of Kids. I get a e-mail every morning with a quote from J.C. Ryle Quotes… They had a series on parenting your children. Here they are:
For a free PDF Download of book from monergismbooks.org click on the image
1. Training Your Child to Love God Depends on You
2. Training Your Child Means Watching Over Their Soul
3. Training Your Child to Know The Bible
4. Training Your Child to Have a Habit of Prayer
5. Training Your Child to Love the Church and the Lord’s Supper
I thought I would put this quote on again from Charo Washer about the way a girl should dress… she said
“If your clothing is a frame for your face, from which the glory of Christ springs forth, it is of God. But if your clothing is a frame for your body, it is sensual and God hates it” – Charo Washer
1 Timothy 2:9-10 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments,but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.
The Ten Commandments in Rhyme From Facets of Grace
1. Thou no gods shalt have but Me.
2. Before no idol bow the knee.
3. Take not the name of God in vain.
4. Dare not the sabbath day profane.
5. Give to thy parents honor due.
6. Take heed that thou no murder do.
7. Abstain from words and deeds unclean.
8. Steal not, for thou by God art seen.
9. Tell no willful lie and love it.
10. What is thy neighbors do not covet.
that I am a Grandfather Again… not sure if I told you yet, I might of forgot. I’m getting old you know… I can’t remember if I mentioned it. I think I did, but not sure, so here’s a few more pictures.
Hope and Alexander