When someone says “Where’s your grace”, what do they really mean? Are they suggesting that the Spirit of God is no longer in you? I mean what is grace and can you see it? To me grace is something that reflects someone else. I know the meaning of grace is unmerited favor and we’re saved by God’s free grace Ephesians 2:8, 9 and sanctified by God’s free grace. 1 Corinthians 6:11
I know there is God’s common grace which He bestows on all people as He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. Matthew 5:45.
To me grace has to be connected to the One who gave us life 2 Corinthians 5:17, who died so we can be saved by grace alone Ephesians 2:8, 9 and that is our Lord Jesus Christ 2 Corinthians 5:21. Grace is God’s sovereign plan before the foundation of the world to save sinners, the elect who deserves His wrath Ephesians 1:1-11.
Grace is not something that we jump in and out of, Paul says we stand in grace Romans 5:2 and that grace reigns through righteousness Romans 5:21. To me grace is being clothed in Christ Galatians 3:27, To me grace is being made into the image of Christ 2 Corinthians 3:18 Romans 8:29.
Peter said grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ 2 Peter 3:18. Grace is putting on the Lord Jesus Christ, and making no provision for the flesh Romans 13:14. Grace comes from Christ!
Grace instructs us “For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12 instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, Titus 2:11-12
Yes we do enjoy liberty from the bondage of sin because of this grace Romans 8:12, so What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace might increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? Romans 6:1-2 . Remember grace reigns through righteousness Romans 5:21. This grace is not a license to do and say whatever we want as believers, Paul says absolutely not!
What grace isn’t!
- Grace is not the apologist for your sin! Spurgeon said it best. “Grace is the mother and nurse of holiness, and not the apologist of sin”
- Grace is not fire insurance (from Hell) with no obedience to His word and to the One that saved you.
- Grace does not enable or allow people to say and do anything they want contrary to the word of God for the sake of unity in the body of Christ.
- Grace does not continually allow people to hover in mediocrity with their faith, with a steady diet of milk Hebrews 5:12, Peter says grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ 2 Peter 3:18.
- Grace does not say to forgo truth for the sake of love. but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, Ephesians 4:15
Grace is the work of God that altered this mans life!
I am saved and sanctified by grace, His amazing grace!
Where’s your grace?
You’ll find it in Christ!
and that’s a beautiful thing!
Soli Deo Gloria